Help to Buy: Equity Loan
Help to Buy: Equity Loan is a scheme designed to help you buy a new home with help from the Government through Homes England. You'll only need a low deposit of 5% and the Government will provide an equity loan of up to 20% of the purchase price. The rest is easy.
How does it work?
There are seven simple effective steps
- You reserve the plot of your choice. A £200 reservation fee is payable. You instruct a solicitor from our approved panel who will act in your best interests, who knows and understands how Help To Buy: Equity Loan works and has competitive rates, which we have negotiated for you
- You will be given free mortgage advice from our recommended specialist mortgage adviser who will financially qualify you and advise which documents you need to provide
- The specialist mortgage adviser will help you fill in the necessary forms to apply for Help To Buy: Equity Loan
- The documents are checked and the HomeBuy agent grants you Authority to Proceed
- When you have received the authority to proceed, your mortgage adviser will help you make your mortgage application to a suitable lender
- When you have received your mortgage offer and your solicitor has carried out all the legal work you will exchange contracts. This will normally take about eight weeks
- When your new home is ready, your deposit, Help To Buy:Equity Loan contribution and mortgage funds will be put together and when your solicitor is satisfied that the legal process is complete, legal completion can take place and you will receive the keys to your new home
Key Facts about the Help to Buy: Equity Loan scheme
- The scheme is available exclusively to first time buyers
- The amount you can spend on your new home depends on where in England you buy it, see below the maximum property price per region. Our friendly sales executives will be able to advise if the property you're interested in falls within the permitted price range.
For more information about the Help to Buy: Equity Loan scheme, download the home buyers guide here.