New Build Houses in Durham
The North East city of Durham offers an excellent lifestyle for its residents, with rural spaces, striking architecture and fascinating history on your doorstep.
Our new housing developments in Durham are perfectly situated for easy access to major UK destinations, with popular road networks and public transport links available at your convenience.
At Gleeson, we have 2-, 3- and 4-bedroom semi-detached and detached new homes for sale in Durham, with each home including an open-plan kitchen/diner, front and rear gardens and parking as standard. Whether you're a first-time buyer or an existing homeowner, we'll be sure to have something that ticks all your boxes.
With great offers on most homes, it really is a great time to buy a new home.
Things to do in Durham
You'll never be short of fun activities and things to do in Durham. For those who enjoy a little retail therapy, Prince Bishops Place is the city's number-one retail destination, home to some of the most popular high-street stores.
There are various sights and attractions to see - including breathtaking architecture dating back over 1,000 years. Prepared to be mesmerised by the famous Durham Cathedral, which was built in the Norman era and stands as the city's oldest surviving building.
Explore the lush greenery of the Durham Dales if you're a lover of the great outdoors. There are plenty of country parks and hidden treasures dotted around, ready and waiting for you to venture through. If you enjoy hiking or cycling, you'll be spoiled for choice if you decide to purchase a new home in Durham.
Transport in Durham
Regular commuters will benefit from the convenient public transport offering, thanks to the regular bus services and train links. Whether you're heading down to the capital or up towards Scotland, you'll arrive there in no time with the city's extensive rail network.
Alternatively, the A1(M) runs just east of Durham, connecting you to the wider North East. If you're planning a holiday abroad, Newcastle International Airport is just over half an hour away.
Education in Durham
Durham is well-known for its higher education offering and is home to the University of Durham, one of the world's top-ranked universities.
If you're hoping to raise children in Durham, you'll be excellently positioned to set them up with a quality education. The city is home to fantastic primary and secondary schools, as well as several colleges dotted around which offer a breadth of courses for varying levels.
Why choose Gleeson?
At Gleeson Homes, we understand that taking your first step on the property ladder is a big deal. If you're considering a new build near Durham, here's a few reasons why you should make that decision with us:
- Affordable homes: We offer developments to suit all budgets. No matter your price point, we'll never compromise on quality. Whether you're a first-time buyer or an existing homeowner, we have a range of finance options to support you with your big move.
- Quality construction: We only use top-quality materials to build our homes to the highest of standards. You can rest assured that your new build in Durham will stand the test of time.
- Builder warranty: We include a 10-year NHBC warranty on all our homes, including a two-year Gleeson warranty. We want to offer our customers peace of mind, so that you can always purchase from us with confidence.
- Contemporary design: Your new home in Durham will feature an open-plan kitchen/dining area, plus French doors and spacious rooms that are ideal if you enjoy hosting friends and family. With a private rear garden and space to park your car, you'll have everything that you need right from the get-go.
Ways to buy
We offer a number of schemes to ensure the buying process is smooth and hassle-free. Take a look at some of our ways to buy below:
- Part Exchange: Part Exchange takes the hassle out of selling your existing home. We are proud to work in collaboration with several trusted partners to offer a solution for a quick, simple, and stress-free move!
- Smooth Move: Think to the future with Gleeson by letting us make your next big move. We'll help you find your dream home and sell your existing one.
- First-time Buyer Assist: We take pride in offering accessible and affordable homeownership. That's why our First-time Buyer Assist scheme has been created for those taking that first step on the property ladder.
Contact us today
Looking to secure your new build in Durham? Simply contact the team today and speak to one of our friendly experts, who will be more than happy to provide you with more information on your chosen development.
If you'd like to stay up-to-date with all things Gleeson, be sure to register with us today; you'll receive regular updates on the homes in which you're most interested.
Start your journey with Gleeson Homes today.